Asset Management and maintenance of strategic importance for the competitiveness and sustainable operation of enterprises and institutions.
The professional management and maintenance of physical assets such as machinery, buildings and other infrastructures, improves reliability and increases safety. All this contributes to sustainable economic prosperity, the protection of humans and the environment, and finally the quality of life for all.
BEMAS aims to help its members on the path to an ever better management and maintenance of physical assets.
BEMAS does this is through:
- The establishment and management of a professional network;
- Providing a forum where members share knowledge and experiences;
- Spreading best practices and other knowledge on asset management and maintenance;
- The organization of training, conferences, seminars, study evenings, company visits and fairs;
- The publication of information on asset management and maintenance through various communication channels;
- The establishment of working groups on specific themes and topics in the field of asset management and maintenance;
- Stimulating innovation and actively participate in research in the field of asset management and maintenance;
- To undertake targeted actions to improve the image of professional asset management and maintenance in order to upgrade these areas and raise awareness among the general public;
- To encourage young people to take an education and/or a job in maintenance;
- Lobbying towards decision makers and policy makers;
- The quest for the recognition of the professions in maintenance and asset management;
- Setting up and managing a certification program in the field of asset management and maintenance;
- Maintaining relationships with similar organizations at home and abroad and undertake activities with them;
- Representing the Belgian maintenance community as a spokesman and partner at regional, national and international level.
This goal can be achieved in all possible ways. The association may take all actions that are directly or indirectly, wholly or partly related to its objective or that the development or its implementation can facilitate or promote, including ancillary commercial activities and trade actions, insofar as the proceeds from these latter activities fully allocated to achieve its goal. This includes the rental of properties, purchases or acquisition of other rights, and providing financial, legal or other assistance, including, both in Belgium and abroad. The association may in many ways to cooperate or take interests in other associations or institutions that use a similar or related purpose, or that may contribute to the achievement or development of its purpose.
The Board is authorized to determine and interpret the nature and scope of the purpose of the association.
Our target audience includes:
- Industrial companies and SMEs with their maintenance and asset management department and all stakeholders;
- Institutions and public companies that own or operate physical assets;
- Companies in the tertiary sector with their technical and facility department;
- Maintenance companies and maintenance contractors;
- Manufacturers and distributors with their after sales service department;
- Suppliers of products, materials and related services in maintenance;
- Training providers and educational institutions with training programs and / or interest in the field of maintenance;
- Anyone who wants to gain knowledge on asset management and maintenance.