Ecodrive your plant: How to help operators to link energy consumption to operations?
17 november 2011 - Antwerpen van 16u tot 18.30u
We will discuss the challenges and opportunities of the cost of the energy in the industry. We will explain how to raise awareness of the management and the operators to an integrated and intelligent energy.
The cost of energy and environmental constraints are a real threat to business competitiveness. During our work, we found that substantial savings can be achieved through better operational management of energy: more reliable monitoring and forecasting of consumption, detection and diagnosis of deviations, awareness of the operators to "variability" of energy.
You will learn
- What are the characteristics of modern power management (EMIS, ISO 50001)
- What are the challenges for a successful implementation and a sustainable management systems operational energy
- How modern software tools (data mining, etc..) improve energy management in the industry
Ecodrive your plant: example of implementation in a newspaper factory
The paper industry is an industry particularly sensitive to energy costs. This industry has always been at the forefront in energy management.
We will use an implementation in a newspaper factory to explain how the daily management of energy saved annually, and without heavy investments, several hundred thousand euros.
Have greater visibility into energy costs and have the tools to reduce the risk of over-consumption. Act on the operational management of production and maintenance to maximize energy efficiency of the plant.
About the lecturer
Ulrika WISING is VP Sales and Marketing at Pepite LTD. She is Responsible for the overall development of intelligent solutions for monitoring energy performance, ENERGYmaestro. Identifying opportunities and defining technical solutions in collaboration with customers.
- PhD in energy efficiency in industry, University of Chalmers
- Post-Doctorate in industrial process efficiency at the Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal
- Experience over 15 years in the improvement of industrial processes (pulp and paper, chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas) in particular in energy performance.
Since 2005, PEPITe has deployed its systems in many factories in North America and begins to deploy them in Europe. Through the use of our systems, our customers say they have saved several million euros per year.
When? 17 November 2011. Welcome at 4 pm, start at 4:30 pm. End around 6:30 pm.
Where? ERIKS+BAUDOIN Technology Center, Boombekelaan 3, 2660 Hoboken
Price? Free for members of BEMAS, 55 euro for non-members.